Don’t miss the fun waiting for your RAGBRAI rider(s) on Tuesday (July 25), or after they take off on Wednesday – discover all there is to do in Ames! With food and fun from dusk to dawn, you’re sure to be satisfied with your day.
After a busy morning of packing, driving, and everything in between, fuel up with our favorite local coffee spots. Burgie’s Coffee & Tea Co. is guaranteed to set your day up right with two convenient locations or try Stomping Grounds’ relaxing patio on Welch Ave. in campustown.
If you’re looking for a delicious meal along with quick energy, check out:
While enjoying your coffee on the go, make sure to stop and enjoy the beauty of Iowa State University. Located in the heart of campus, the Iowa State University Memorial Union is a perfect one-stop shop for art, entertainment, and food!
Next, get a true Ames experience and shop at all of our locally owned businesses. Find your next favorite clothing item, home décor, books, and so much more!
- Shop hand-made goods from all around the word at Worldly Goods downtown
- Get Cyclone gear and beyond from Barefoot Campus Outfitters and Dogtown University in campustown
- Discover beautiful home décor at Nook & Nest downtown
- Find the newest trendy clothes at Kaylee and great consignment options at The Loft and Miss Meyers downtown
- Catch up on the latest reads at Dog-Eared Books downtown
Want a breath of fresh air? Ames has you covered! Visit Ada Hayden Heritage Park, McFarland Park, or Tedesco Environmental Learning Center to enjoy the beautiful outdoor scenery. Or, on the riders’ route, visit Reiman Gardens to discover even more amazing sights of Ames.
@discoverames Who needs a tropical vacation when you can go to Reiman Gardens? 😎 #discoverames #amesiowa #ames #plants #conservatory #reimangardens ♬ original sound – discoverames
Finally, get ready to celebrate Ames RAGBRAI right with an evening full of fun-filled games and delicious food from local vendors. Sip on an ice-cold brew while enjoying the Ames concert series headliner: Hairball.
- Danny Grause – 2:00-3:00 p.m.
- Stranger Than Fiction – 3:30-5:00 p.m.
- Burnin’ Sensations – 6:00-8:00 p.m.
- Hairball – 8:30-10:30 p.m.
First National Bank Stage
- Great Caesar’s Goat – 2:00-3:30 p.m.
- Foxpin – 4:30-6:00 p.m.
- Buckmiller/Schwager Band – 7:00-8:30 p.m.
- The Cherrypickers – 9:00-11:00 p.m.