Everyone’s Irish on St. Patrick’s Day. Or at least pretending to be. Celebrate this year’s lucky holiday with these local activities in Ames!
Become Irish for a day.
Fully immerse yourself in Irish culture by spending your lucky day at Dublin Bay.
The pub will be open all day, with breakfast served from 6 am to 10 am and their classic Irish Fayre menu from 11 am to 10 pm.
Fun events happening at the pub throughout the day:
- 4 pm to 8 pm, enjoy live music from Iowa-based singer Bruce Day
- 5 pm and 6:30 pm, watch classic Irish dancers take the Dublin Bay stage
- 7 pm, listen to the sweet tune of traditional bagpipes
- 8 pm to midnight, watch the pianists of Felix and Fingers Dueling Pianos in an epic battle of musical rivalry
Dublin Bay will be offering additional space for the event with a tented and heated patio for guests to enjoy.
Celebrate the day with a pint of Guinness in hand, enjoying delicious Irish cuisine, and celebrating at the pub, known for its inviting and fun atmosphere.
As they say at Dublin Bay, Cead Mile Failte! (One hundred thousand welcomes!)
Drink like the Irish.
Nobody drinks quite like the Irish.
Torrent Brewing Company is hosting a St. Paddy’s Day-themed party on March 17.
Enjoy beer specials straight from Ireland. $1 off pint-sized drafts of:
- Ames Light (gone green)
- “Maeve”, Torrent’s locally-brewed Irish Red
Don’t forget to wear a green outfit – pinching is most definitely on the menu.
Take the kiddos out for some age-appropriate St. Paddy’s celebrations.
- Shamrock Shakes from McDonald’s are back in Ames! Treat your kiddos to the annual delicacy.
- Try a new festive shake at one of Ames’ three Dairy Queen locations around town. The ‘Under the Rainbow Shake’ looks fresh out of a fairytale, featuring strawberry flavoring and colorful rainbow sprinkles.
- Crumbl Cookies always features special cookies for holidays. Stay updated on their weekly cookie rotation to try their take on St. Patrick’s Day!
By Marissa Smith, Marketing Communications Intern