Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, but love is in the air in Ames, Iowa all year round! Check out these romantic spots for wining, dining, and more!
Nothing is more romantic than dim candlelight dining with soft music, great food, and even better company.
- The Café is a favorite romantic spot in north Ames; you can’t go wrong here!
- Aunt Maude’s is one of Ames’ best with American cuisine and delicious wine.
- If you want to keep the romantic vibe but try something new, check out The Spice Thai Cuisine or Wasabi for sushi.
View this post on Instagram
Wine before you dine
Ames is full of wine wonders! Whether you need a pre-dinner drink or a late-night cocktail, these places offer the best of the best.
- Enjoy wine from estate-grown grapes at Prairie Moon Winery that you can’t try anywhere else!
- Have an appetizer and cocktail while enjoying the warm and cozy atmosphere that Della Viti offers (P.S. they were voted Story County’s Best Bar, Wine, and Happy Hour in 2023!) More happy hours here.
- If you’re in the mood for something new, try Noir, a prohibition themed bar where you can experience the excitement of the roaring ‘20s.
Eat your heart out
Love is in the air and on our plates at these local spots! Enjoy heart shaped food to really feel (and taste) the love this Valentine’s Day.
- Indulge in a heart shaped pizza from one of our favorites, Great Plains Sauce and Dough Company!
- Fuji Japanese Steakhouse also has heart sushi so you can feel the raw (or cooked) emotions of this love holiday.
- Once your sweet tooth kicks in, check out Great Harvest Bakery for delicious and lovely heart shaped sweet treats or Chocolaterie Stam for heart shaped chocolate boxes!
Staycation in Ames
Take destination date night to the next level and enjoy one of Ames’ wonderful beds & breakfasts or hotels.
- For romantic B&Bs, check out Raspberry Hill B&B and Iowa House Inn for a cozy and unique experience. Ames is also full of great hotels; see your options here.
Sometimes, the most romantic thing is just spending time and having fun with that special someone.
- Learn how to make delicious meals for future date nights with a cooking class at The Recipe.
- Board and Brush also offers a fun experience of sipping on wine while painting with your loved ones.
- If you are looking for something more spontaneous check out Reiman Gardens and ice skating at the Ames Ice Arena. We also love exploring the exciting exhibits at the Iowa State University Museums.
Written by Rachel Gantt, Marketing & Communications Intern