The marketing communications intern provides support with social media, content creation, web, and graphic design for Discover Ames.
JOB TITLE: Marketing Communications Intern
REPORTS TO: Digital Media Specialist
- Social Media and Content Creation
- In partnership with Digital Media Specialist and Director of Marketing and Communications, plan and execute an overall content plan to engage with influencers, visitors and Ames residents
- Leverage the Discover Ames social media channels to promote member hotels, attractions, restaurants, shopping, community grant events, and Conference Planning and Management and Registration Services events and conferences
- Web Support
- Monitor members and affiliates for upcoming events, news, and promotions
- Assist in updating events calendar
- Publish weekly blogs and update itineraries
- Write and edit e-newsletters and provide support in publishing and distribution
- Assist in the production of new graphics, collateral, and marketing pieces
- Front office and reception support
- Assist staff as needed with projects related to special events, group tours, promotions, etc.
- Education/Experience: Majoring in marketing, communications, public relations, event management, or related field Prior internship experience relating to position
- General Requirements
- Professional appearance, strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivation and initiative
- Excellent writing skills including command of grammar, usage, and vocabulary
- Strong communications and detail organization and proofreading skills
- Ability to work collaboratively as a team member
- Ability to lift materials up to 35 lbs.
- Valid driver’s license
- Preferred Requirements
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere)
- Experience with content creation
OTHER INFORMATION: A flexible schedule may be required on occasion to assist with an event or special project or to attend a professional meeting during evenings or weekend hours.
DISCLAIMER: The above job description is intended to reflect the principal job elements for this position. It is not intended and should not be construed to be a complete list of responsibilities, skills, efforts expectations or working conditions associated with the position.
APPLY NOW →